Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Pedal for Haiti

It appears that Monty and Dave (and Bruce I guess) have made it to Yuma after spending Tuesday night  in Brawley. The Brawley part was all down hill - just opposite of the first day,so except for the heat, a welcomed relief. Monty reports that the California Highway patrol wasn't thrilled about them riding bikes on the Interstate. But at least they aren't in jail. Today the ride was from Yuma to Gila Bend, and although I haven't seen their post for today as yet, I trust they had a safe trip. Tomorrow I go to have the banner installed on the tailgate of my pickup so everyone along the road will know what we are about. Maybe we can even get some contributions.

I have avoided sounding like I just want to raise money, but the fact is that that's why we're doing this. So as some have requested, send donations to:
New Missions
P.O. Box 2727
Orlando, FL 32802

New Missions has a good web site, so give it a look. It details all of the good work they are doing in Haiti

My activities today consisted of getting all of our Christmas boxes down where Bonnie could easily get at them. It occurred to me that she starts putting things up by the end of October. Who says I don't pay attention? More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment