Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Almost Out of Texas

We  awoke this morning to some pretty serious fog, so the guys were a little late getting started. But we arrived in Texarkana without incident. The last few miles were a little scary though because there was no shoulder and enough traffic to prompt a little extra praying. But we are safely here in Texarkana. Not quite out of Texas, but close. Don't get me wrong, we have met a lot of nice people, the weather has been good, and the roads are o.k. (most of the time). But it's just too BIG!

We are staying with Steve Winegeart tonight. He and his family are former Mountain Ridgers. Steve's wife, Andra is away so its just us guys. Monty is meeting with Steve's pastor so I am just vegging here with my computer and the cat.

Tomorrow we'll really be in Arkansas. Hopefully  there will be something to talk about. At least I'll have a picture of the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign.

Some of you know that I am a dog person. Wouldn't you know it-the cat jumps up on the couch a cuddles right up to me. Well, as cats go, she is a pretty nice one, so I guess I'll be good to her. Don't tell Colleen though.

I guess thats all for today. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment