Monday, October 25, 2010

View From the Cab

Good thing you can't see me cause there is smoke coming out of my ears! I have done this blog twice and lost it both times. I would sure like to tell you why, but if I knew I wouldn't do that any more.

So, we had a good day in Greenville yesterday. Went to church and then had a good Chinese lunch with Pastor James and his family. Later, we were invited to his small group, and after tacos, Monty and Dave were given the devotions time to explain the mission in Haiti and the work going on there. As with everywhere we have been, the people are the best.

We left our temporary home early this morning after a heavy rain last night. It was mostly sunny but a little windy today. Scattered storms are forecast for tomorrow so I hope we can dodge them. Ann, our host at Greenville, wasn't feeling well last night, so we just quietly slipped away this morning. She is a sweet lady and I hope alright today.

The trip to Winona was very smooth and uneventful. The terrain was absolutely flat for maybe 60 miles, then we left the Mississippi delta and the road became hilly immediately. We visited the Baptist church here to thank them for putting us up in a motel tonight. They are without a pastor right now, but a nice lady showed us around the facility. It's very nice, but they are suffering from a declining attendance as are a lot of churches around here. Mississippi has especially suffered from the economic downturn and people have had to move for job reasons. People here tell us they have been hurting since long before the rest of us felt it. Depressing!

Some Railroad History
Anyway, we looked around the town a little a took a couple of pictures. Tomorrow we go to Columbus, which is almost at the Alabama border. There are scattered storms predicted so I hope we can dodge them.

I guess that's it for now. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment