Thursday, October 28, 2010

Biking Weather

Today was a good day overall in that the guys covered a lot of territory, even though the roads were pretty bad (no shoulders). It rained hard last night, but by morning things had cleared out. So no wet riding clothes and muddy bikes today. Getting out of Tuscaloosa during rush hour was a little slow and busy. But soon we were on the road, fixing a flat. Just part of the process.

We are in Prattville tonight. That's just north of Montgomery, so we are very nearly back on schedule. There is a Mexican restaurant and a Dairy Queen right next door, so we are pretty much in heaven. However, as much as I hate to complain, the chili relleno (sp? ) was the worst! (I'll probably remember how to spell it right after I publish this.) I guess they don't do it like they do in the southwest. But I was able to get over it with a banana shake.

Lots of Trees
What an Idyllic Setting
The pictures are just some of the Alabama countryside.  It's pretty heavily forested. The timber trucks are plentiful. I almost felt like I was back in Oregon.

Everyone is well and in good spirits. Thanks for the prayers. The end is in sight! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment