Friday, October 29, 2010

Georgia on My Mind

Here we are in Eufaula Alabama. The intrepid bike drivers have caught up with our original schedule. Today went well and we made better time than I expected. Only a couple of flats helped.

Our motel is just across the street from the river banks of the Chattahoochee river, and the Georgia state line is right here too. So I walked across the street and around the back of the sign, so I was the first of our group to be in Georgia!
Having admitted this act, I got lots of grief from the guys about being a team and togetherness and stuff like that. But I am afraid I failed to feel the guilt.


Georgia only a few feet away!
Georgia across the river/lake.
I don't know if there is a dam downstream, but Lake Eufaula is huge and is basically part of the river here.

We had dinner in a recommended Cajun restaurant and it was really good. Crayfish  was my choice - this is the south after all. Because of the relatively short ride tomorrow, Monty and Dave decided they wanted to go to a movie. Bad news - the closest theater is an hour away. So the motel guy says " why don't you just rent a movie and watch it in our theater room?" Wow, what a great facility. There are 6 reclining chairs and an overhead projection system. We felt like we actually were in a theater, but more comfortable and cozier. No popcorn, but M&Ms worked o.k.

So the day has been a good one. We'll go to Dawson, Georgia tomorrow and spend the weekend there with some old friends of Monty's. Then off for the last 3 days of the trip. Yowser!

More when I get around to it. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment